A little excursion into the little-known world of Marketing Analytics. Namely sampling tables for target levels. Here’s some tips for getting them to work correctly:
I.) Check that there is a physical table mapped that to the W_ table defined as SAMPLE_W_ has Object Type “None”…otherwise you can’t select a dynamic name for the table. “General” tab:
II.) Check that the correct Sampling Table identifier is associated with the physical table in the “Dynamic Name” tab:
III.) Creating new target levels in Siebel Analytics:
- After creating new target levels for marketing segmentation, it is necessary to administer them correctly in the Presentation Server
- Start the BI Server with the new rpd
- Go to “Admin”
- Go to “Manage Marketing Defaults”
- Choose the “Default Campaign Load File Format”, the “Default Global Audience Segment” and the “Profile Dashboard” for each Target Level
- If you don’t yet have these items, create them
IV.) Creating an Answer request as “Profile Dashboard” for a target level:
- Create the request as usual with the columns you want to have displayed.
- To make it work for the drill down on the segment count, add a filter that prompts for the ID. E.g.: “ROW_ID is prompted”
End of line.